Sunday, February 28, 2010

Magic Lime-aid

What makes this recipe magical? When I tried to make frozen lemonade, it was a little too tart, a bit watery. Just okay. But this recipe is amazing simply because you can have a glass of frozen sweetness without any added sugar! I was freezing after running around outside and I still made this recipe because it's so good.


1 lime
1 cup green grapes
1 handful ice cubes

Cut the ends off the lime and throw it in the Vitamix along with the grapes. Make sure the ice is on top. Select Variable 5 and let the fruit blend until it turns one color (about 10 seconds). Work up to Variable 10, then set on High, pushing everything down with the tamper. Blend for 30 seconds.
Taste score: 10/10
Likes: Wow. When I was in Colombia, I had the most delicious limeaid. I thought I would never get to taste it again but this recipe proved me wrong. Grapes are not my favorite. I'll eat them but I could never get excited about them. Their high water content blended with the delicious lime make this a real treat.

Dislikes: I would like to try this without so much ice, so it's more like a glass of lemonade than a frozen version.

Nutrition score: 10/10
Grapes have lots of antioxidants, vitamin B6, vitamin C, and manganese. Yes, they have a lot of sugar (which is probably why this recipe tastes so good) but it's all natural and much better for you than the refined version.

No comments: