Sunday, February 7, 2010

Raspberry Vinaigrette


1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tsp salt

2 tablespoons honey
1/2 cup frozen raspberries
1/4 cup water

Dump ingredients in the Vitamix. Select Variable 1 and increase speed to 7, then blend on High for 10 seconds.




Taste score: 7/10
Likes: I ate this dressing with baby spinach, chopped carrots, and a sprinkle of peanuts. Since I was running low on frozen raspberries, I also threw in a handful of blueberries. Leafy green vegetables are not my favorite, so when I find a fruity salad dressing that takes the edge off, I am perfectly content.


Dislikes: It kind of tasted like I poured a smoothie on my salad. I will definitely make this again, but I'll try 1/3 cup of fruit instead of 1/2.


Nutrition score: 7/10
Pretty good as far as salad dressings go. Since you're adding fruit to amp up the sweetness, only a little honey is needed.

No comments: