Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Turkey Chili

1 Roma tomato
1 peeled onion
1/3 red pepper
1 packet taco seasoning

1/2 pound lean ground turkey
1 tsp olive oil
1 can black or kidney beans

Cook turkey on the stove with olive oil. Meanwhile, add all salsa ingredients to the Vitamix. Select Variable 1 and increase speed to 4. Blend for 20 seconds, pushing down ingredients with the tamper. Drain meat, then add beans and salsa. I also added an extra dash of cumin and chili pepper.

Taste score: 9/10

Likes: I have to admit this is the first time I've ever had ground turkey. Far from someone with a refined palate, I didn't notice any difference between this chili and any other beef chili I've had. I ate this in a whole wheat spinach wrap with baby spinach and a sprinkle of cheese. Popped it in the microwave and it was way better than Taco Bell!

Dislikes: It has a lot of spices but it isn't necessarily hot and spicy. I should have bought those jalapenos...

Nutrition score: 9/10
Between the meat and the beans, this dish is packed with protein! Lean turkey has less saturated fat than ground beef, so that's a plus. It does have quite a bit of cholesterol, but everything in moderation right?


Britas Kamblin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Britas Kamblin said...

This is very interesting post.I am really thankful to you for providing this unique information.