Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Turkey Chili


Salsa:
1 Roma tomato
1 peeled onion
1/3 red pepper
1 packet taco seasoning

Meat:
1/2 pound lean ground turkey
1 tsp olive oil
1 can black or kidney beans

Cook turkey on the stove with olive oil. Meanwhile, add all salsa ingredients to the Vitamix. Select Variable 1 and increase speed to 4. Blend for 20 seconds, pushing down ingredients with the tamper. Drain meat, then add beans and salsa. I also added an extra dash of cumin and chili pepper.

Taste score: 9/10

Likes: I have to admit this is the first time I've ever had ground turkey. Far from someone with a refined palate, I didn't notice any difference between this chili and any other beef chili I've had. I ate this in a whole wheat spinach wrap with baby spinach and a sprinkle of cheese. Popped it in the microwave and it was way better than Taco Bell!

Dislikes: It has a lot of spices but it isn't necessarily hot and spicy. I should have bought those jalapenos...

Nutrition score: 9/10
Between the meat and the beans, this dish is packed with protein! Lean turkey has less saturated fat than ground beef, so that's a plus. It does have quite a bit of cholesterol, but everything in moderation right?


2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

This is very interesting post.I am really thankful to you for providing this unique information.

Vitamix