Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Vitamix disasters!

So this week was a whirlwind of Vitamix FAILS. Among the few:

Vegan banana bread- This one wasn't too horrible, because the insides tasted like applesauce. But the consistency was way off and I had to cut it up and broil it to make it edible without a spoon.

Vegan pumpkin muffins- They are made without dairy products so I knew they would turn out a little different from traditional pumpkin muffins. But these babies burnt to a crisp on the outside and had the consistency of pumpkin pie on the insides. This will not be a repeat. I will stick with the milk and eggs!

Grapefruit juice- I love grapefruit juice but this was a mistake. I don't have cheesecloth to drain the grapefruit pulp, so this tasted like bitter grapefruit pulp. Gross.

No comments: